Hey! I’m Jalyn. I ask why and why not, a lot. That is a central theme in the things I like to explore.
My day job is as an experience designer, where I get to be at the flashpoint of user needs, business requirements, and technical capabilities.
I’ve been a person-of-the-internet since the late 90s, and at the end of 2019, I decided to finally start penning down and publishing my thoughts online.
Like a well-run business, I too have a mission and vision:
To empower individuals to know that they have the capacity to be and do more, and drive towards a shared goal of bettering processes and lives
I know. That’s a lot of words, but it essentially boils down to:
Do awesome things, with awesome people.
My writing focuses on
- The pursuit of an intentional, meaningful and happier life
- Growth and development
- Minimalism (and my struggles)
- Productivity (and my struggles)
- Fitness, both physical and mental (and my struggles)
- Personal finance (and… you know, this I’ve got a little handle on it right now!)
- Experiments I run on myself, on the above topics
I try to update once a week, but time sometimes gets better of me.
Other things that fascinate me
- I love travel, and right now I’m thinking a lot about how the limitations are affecting each of us differently
- Equality and intersectionality are themes close to my heart
- I enjoy playing music, and learned to play the ukulele during the pandemic. So far I’ve only posted one video of me playing a cover, but hopefully I’ll work up the courage to post more videos!
- Stage productions — I’ve been known to center whole trips to cultural epicenters around shows I can watch
- If time travel is a thing that will get invented, I hope my future self tells me about it
- I grew up in fandom; I intend to keep being a part of it
Get in touch with me
- Twitter: Say hi @jalynish!
- Email: You can say firstname.lastname@example.org, if you prefer something where character limits are not a thing.
- In-person: If you’re in Singapore — hey! I’m an introvert who masks that very well, according to my colleagues. I love meeting new people and exchanging ideas and discussions, so if you’d like a coffee or another beverage of choice, send me an email and we’ll work something out.
One last thing!
Some links are affiliate links, where I get a little amount of money if you buy anything, at no extra cost to you.